Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default OT China stopping plastic waste imports.

On 02/01/2018 08:53, Brian Gaff wrote:
I would have thought that if they were really recycling it for making stuff
they would carry on. More likely is that whatever they were doin with it was
not very ecologically friendly, so perhaps, in the long run its a good thing
and might prompt somebody to figure out some energy efficient scheme to
reuse it or repurpose it which is not energy guzzling or prone to pollution.

How do they recycle plastic efficiently as there are lots of different
kinds of plastic? (I mean "efficient" as in turning it back into
something useful, rather than just some kind of low grade packing
material. I would have thought that only thermoplastics like
polyethylene could be turned back into useful stuff.)

--
Max Demian