Kroetsch's

Default Roll Away Tool Chest question

Typically when they get moved from shop to shop, it takes a wrecker with a
tilit-and-load deck because they weigh so much when filled with tools. I
would assume that unless your garage is in a real remote location, that
people rolling a toolbox down the street or having a truck idling in your
driveway may cause some concerns to your neighbours and especially you if
are home. Do you typically leave your garage unlocked?

"Bill" wrote in message
I have purchased a rather nice Craftsman Roll-Away tool cabinet with a
matching tool chest on top. Stands about as tall as me.

I want to put it in my garage, but I don't want some theifs to "roll it
away". I know it has keyed lockes, but how can I prevent someone from
rolling it into a truck?

Is there a way to temporarily lock/disable the caster wheels, allwoing to
remain in one place? The obvious anser is to NOT install the wheels, but
then I won't be able to move it either.

Ideas appreciated.