Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Tool Vest Instead of Belt?

On 1/1/2018 12:01 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I've had my leather tool belt for almost 3 decades.Â* It was a gift from
a friend/mentor when I helped him build an addition on his house.Â* I've
never thought about using anything else, probably because you just get
used to the stuff you use over time and adapt without thinking about it.
Â*I'm certain there's some sentimental reasons in there, too.

However, the older I get, the older my back gets.Â* I already have back
issues so wearing a belt compounds them.Â* Because of this, I added
suspenders to the belt, years ago, and they really do help.Â* But I find
myself skipping the belt and putting tools in pockets of my workpants.
That's awkward and a bit dangerous.

One day, I clipped my tape on the suspender strap and then the light
bulb went off over my head.Â* I have a shop apron already, but I don't
see it being very useful in the field for various reasons.Â* That's what
got me thinking about a tool vest.

A vest would take all the weight of the hips, would allow for better
movement, and I like the idea of being able to hang it up on a hanger
with everything in/on it.

Since I know how to Google and already have, I've already seen many
options out there.
What I'm asking you guys is.....
Do any of you use a tool vest and how do you like it?
Any specific brands/models that rock your world?
Any that really suck?
Anything else I'm not thinking of?

Oh, and Happy New Year!

DEEEpending on how many tools you carry..... I use the canvas aprons
that hang on your sholders. In particular, the ones that Lee Valley sells.

Alternatively maybe something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hum0Z7Q8Qaw