Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Tool Vest Instead of Belt?

I've had my leather tool belt for almost 3 decades. It was a gift from
a friend/mentor when I helped him build an addition on his house. I've
never thought about using anything else, probably because you just get
used to the stuff you use over time and adapt without thinking about it.
I'm certain there's some sentimental reasons in there, too.

However, the older I get, the older my back gets. I already have back
issues so wearing a belt compounds them. Because of this, I added
suspenders to the belt, years ago, and they really do help. But I find
myself skipping the belt and putting tools in pockets of my workpants.
That's awkward and a bit dangerous.

One day, I clipped my tape on the suspender strap and then the light
bulb went off over my head. I have a shop apron already, but I don't
see it being very useful in the field for various reasons. That's what
got me thinking about a tool vest.

A vest would take all the weight of the hips, would allow for better
movement, and I like the idea of being able to hang it up on a hanger
with everything in/on it.

Since I know how to Google and already have, I've already seen many
options out there.
What I'm asking you guys is.....
Do any of you use a tool vest and how do you like it?
Any specific brands/models that rock your world?
Any that really suck?
Anything else I'm not thinking of?

Oh, and Happy New Year!

--