Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@loampitsfarm.co.uk is offline

Default Comments on Spare Wheel Alternatives

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 14:47:01 +0000 (GMT+00:00), TheChief
wrote:

Hi all

We recently changed my Mrs Fiesta for a 2014 model.
This comes with a tyre inflator and some green gunk.

Does anyone have experience of using this type of thing? I'd be
interested to know how they perform with a seriously gashed tyre,
rather than a nail hole.

I have no experience and have had no punctures in 9 years such that I
couldn't get to a tyre repair shop.

At work we had several a year and they nearly always wrote the tyre
off.

I got a steel wheel and tyre as a spare and keep it and the gunk plus
inflator, on the grounds if the gunk doesn't work the breakdown
service will have a jack and wheel nut socket as there is no way my
wife or daughters would attempt to change a wheel. If I am nearby I
can take a jack to them.

AJH