Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Tumble dryers revisited.

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 12:32:33 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Sunday, 31 December 2017 18:34:37 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 13:32:36 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

So, if you were to blow air though a (moving?)
container of clothes, what would stop them cooling
down to the point where they could freeze?

Same thing that never sees camping coolers freeze.

They do.

Nope.

I've had my Peltier cooler freeze many a time.

Those arent the ones cooling by evaporation of the water.

Worse if you were recycling the air?

Nope, because once the air is saturated, it
doesn't evaporate any more from the clothes.

Ok, so it might snow instead. ;-)

Given both of our de-humidifiers (working on the same
principal of a liquid evaporating cooling a surface) often
go into defrost mode if they are in an unheated room in the
winter, what is to stop the clothes simply freezing up, if you
don't introduce heat energy into the system to stop that?

Same thing that never sees camping coolers freeze.

But they do. See, you may simply be isolating your survey to one, 'Rod
in Auz' but if you consider most Peltier coolers are able to reduce
the temperature on the cold side to -20 DegC below ambient then if we
had one on here when it was even 15 Degrees outside (that's summer for
us g) then it would be -5 Degrees C in the cooler (and that's below
freezing in my world)?

Those arent the ones cooling by evaporation of the water.

Rod gets something right. What is it, 1 time out of 100?

OOI, have you ever seen or used a cooler
box that works by the evaporation of water

Yep, and what I use to cool my entire house does too.

because I haven't? shrug

Then you need to get out more, as usual.

I'm aware of cheap air-con units that use that principal and
I've used / made my own impromptu ones for some milk or
beer when camping but I've never seen a commercial one.

Then you need to get out more, as usual.

Not saying they don't exist ...

Just as well.