Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default value?

newshound wrote:

My impression too. Last couple I have scrapped went straight to scrap
metal merchant (of which there are several within 20 miles paying useful
money).

A while ago my Volvo 240 reached 13 years and 199,880 miles when
the diff overheated after running through floodwater (I thought I
knew Loughborough Meadows better than I actually did). I sold it
for £40 on ebay, and the enthusiast who bought it managed to
drive it home OK, passing 200,000 on the way.

I checked some time later, and it was still taxed and presumably
running.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK