Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jacksonvilleeric@gmail.com is offline

Default Push button for garage door opener

OMG! I bought a IRIS z wave garage door opener control from Lowes about a year ago. Cost $70. I couldnt get it to work with my lighted doorbell button. So I bought a lfm 20 z wave relay $40, and a universal remote $30, and a cheap soldering iron $10, and a 3 prong appliance cord (its all I could find) $15. Couldnt get that to work either.. I think the lfm was bad. I threw it all in a drawer.
About a month ago I pulled it out again and hooked the remote up to the iris. That worked! But when I was moving it one of the wires came loose from the remote. Got out my cheap soldering iron and tried to solder it back on. I ended up burning the PCB on the remote. But all wasnt lost, it was a 3 button remote so I still had 2 chances. So I ordered a good soldering station on amazon $95, and high quality solder $30. I couldnt get it to work again. So doing some more research I came across this thread. I pulled off the lighted button and touched the wires together. That opened and closed the door. I looked around in the drawer Id put all the other stuff in and found an unlighted doorbell button and hooked that up and it all worked, so I stuffed the wires from the iris in the power head along side the wires leading to the button and it works great!
If Id found this thread a year ago I could have saved $220!
Anyone have an idea for a new hobby I could start that would involve soldering?