Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default New Bandsaw

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 3:58:26 PM UTC-5, John McGaw wrote:
On 12/30/2017 11:13 AM, G Ross wrote:
With the cast iron wheels, it takes a long time to wind down when turned off.

No brake? I have a Laguna LT16 and it has a foot brake (which I never use).
I think that mine was made in Italy but I did buy it a _long_ time ago.
Really wish mine had the ceramic guides since ball bearing guides are a
real PITA in my experience.

Maybe you need the best of both worlds.

We used to use sealed ceramic bearings back in my Soap Box Derby racing
days.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....RL._SX342_.jpg

The Derby cars had foot brakes too. ;-) When the driver pushed down on
the brake pedal, a rubber pad on a plunger made contact with the road.
When the sparks flew, it was well past time to replace the brake pad,
as this guy is doing.

http://www.semissourian.com/photos/2.../2337602-A.jpg