Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default value?

MrCheerful wrote:
On 30/12/2017 17:13, Peter Hill wrote:
On 30/12/17 1:50 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 12:46:57 +0000, GB wrote:

On 30/12/2017 12:36, Andrew wrote:

[quoted text muted]

I guess scrap prices must have fallen.

I think they're on the up.

2-3 years ago, we sometimes had 3 scrappies *a day* up & down.

Then nothing for about a year.

Just started hearing (one) again.

You shouldn't be hearing them. They aren't allowed to use loud
hailers or other noise pollution to tout for scrap any more.

Will you nip out and tell them?

One of them that used to come round here used a loud hailer shouting "bring
out yer dead". Decent area, not a council estate. I've not seen him for
years.
They are handy though. My cheap lawn mower which was doing my back in but
still worked was dumped at the end of the drive, it was gone the next day.
If I had not got rid of it I'd be tempted to keep using it - getting no
younger. I will now HAVE to get a new one.
Been thinking of this: Two small lawns.
https://www.tesco.com/direct/flymo-u...?source=others