Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheChief TheChief is offline

Default Comments on Spare Wheel Alternatives

F news@nowhere Wrote in message:
On 30/12/2017 18:32, F wrote:
On 30/12/2017 14:47, TheChief wrote:
Hi all

We recently changed my Mrs Fiesta for a 2014 model.
This comes with a tyre inflator and some green gunk.

Does anyone have experience of using this type of thing? I'd be
interested to know how they perform with a seriously gashed tyre,
rather than a nail hole.

I was considering going down to the scrap yard to try to get the
jack, wheel etc., But erindoors can't manage those due to back
issues.

Is my lack of confidence in the new alternative justified?

Pick up a spare and a jack from the scrap yard, along with an extension
tube for the wheel brace. At least she'll have a chance of getting home
(with help if needed) with that compared with a shredded sidewall and a
bottle of useless sealant.

Should have added that a subscription to AutoAid would be a good move too.

Yes we both have breakdown assistance via insurance.

Can't help thinking that the number of call outs for their
services will have increased with the introduction of these cost
saving devices.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/