Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default value?

Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 17:44:19 +0000 (GMT)
Tim+ wrote:

Can you not see how that doesn't answer my question?

But what if as a result of the engine getting wet the cam belt had
slipped? No, not really.

But thats yet another different scenario to the my question (that everyone
seems to have forgotten), namely can a starter motor produce enough torque
to damage a hydraulically locked engine?

Of course a running engine may have already sustained irreparable damage
from ingesting water but I was curious as to whether attempting to turn an
already locked engine over with the starter could actually bend conrods
etc.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls