jim

Default Roll Away Tool Chest question

Bill wrote:

I have purchased a rather nice Craftsman Roll-Away tool cabinet with a
matching tool chest on top. Stands about as tall as me.

I want to put it in my garage, but I don't want some theifs to "roll it
away". I know it has keyed lockes, but how can I prevent someone from
rolling it into a truck?

Is there a way to temporarily lock/disable the caster wheels, allwoing to
remain in one place? The obvious anser is to NOT install the wheels, but
then I won't be able to move it either.

Ideas appreciated.

i got one also, about 15 yrs. now and it has really served me well....
how about looking at the wheels..... to top someone from rolling it off
you can drill a hole in one of the metal part of the wheels and get one
of those locks that they put on bicycles through the spokes... this will
stop the wheels from rolling,, but if i wanted your unit i would back up
the pickup truck next to it and just shove it over.. so stoping the
rolling will do no good.. how about a cable coming out form the back
then locked onto an eye bolt screwed into the garage wall???? drill a
hole in the back of the cabinet and chest and then put a cable into the
hole and attache it to a metal place or use a longer cable and make two
holes (one on each side)....