Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Comments on Spare Wheel Alternatives

On Saturday, 30 December 2017 14:47:04 UTC, TheChief wrote:
Hi all

We recently changed my Mrs Fiesta for a 2014 model.
This comes with a tyre inflator and some green gunk.

Does anyone have experience of using this type of thing? I'd be
interested to know how they perform with a seriously gashed tyre,
rather than a nail hole.

I was considering going down to the scrap yard to try to get the
jack, wheel etc., But erindoors can't manage those due to back
issues.

Is my lack of confidence in the new alternative justified?

It won't fix any kind of gash, even a small one.
Only does nail holes etc.
Works good on nail holes.

The good news is, after you've used it, they won't repair the puncture, you have to buy a new tyre.