Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default value?

In article ,
Chris Whelan wrote:
Huge wrote:

On 2017-12-29, Chris Whelan wrote:
Huge wrote:

FFS give it a rest. No-one cares.

+1.

I'm current evaluating how I use my computer, and for what purposes. In
the new year, I think sadly it might be time to jump the sinking HMS
Usenet.

Facebook's no better.

From some perspectives, several orders of magnitude worse.

Closed FB groups can be OK, especially if you are a mod. ;-)

Trouble with Facebook is the ease of posting pics. Meaning you get lots of
rather boring ones. On a forum where you have to use a hosting site for
pics, the extra effort tends to make only relevant ones used.

This group will certainly die out along with the old farts who post on it.
As has happened to pretty well all others.

Probably true, although its interesting that its has survived so much
better than many of the others. If you ignore the politics etc, there is
still quite a large volume of on topic stuff still covered.

--
Cheers,

John.