Bubba

Default Roll Away Tool Chest question

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:12:00 GMT, "Bill" wrote:

I have purchased a rather nice Craftsman Roll-Away tool cabinet with a
matching tool chest on top. Stands about as tall as me.

I want to put it in my garage, but I don't want some theifs to "roll it
away". I know it has keyed lockes, but how can I prevent someone from
rolling it into a truck?

Is there a way to temporarily lock/disable the caster wheels, allwoing to
remain in one place? The obvious anser is to NOT install the wheels, but
then I won't be able to move it either.

Ideas appreciated.

Lock your garage?
Fasten a bar or loop to the chest with a reinforcing plate on the
inside of the chest. Use tamper proof screws and secure it to the
garage with a cable and lock?

Bubba