Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default value?

On 29/12/2017 14:19, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 12:59:48 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Jethro_uk wrote:

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 23:06:03 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Probably 20 years ago, I drove my Ford Fiesta through some rather
deep water. It washed some grit into one of the front CV joints,
which made a nasty noise immediately afterwards, and had to be
replaced a few months later.

Didn't seize as you were going along throwing the car into a skid ?

Which is what I was told could happen if a stone got into the CV joint.
Sounded ******** then, and ******** now.

This is I suppose why the little rubber gaiters are an MOT item.

Well that's where I heard the warning Are there still **** mechanics
using ****ty cable ties to "fasten" them up ?

If they do I believe it's an MOT failure, or at the very least an
advisory item.