Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents.

Michael A Terrell on Fri, 29 Dec 2017
01:30:15 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

When they fired him for sexual harassment, they walked in a brand
new VP, with a new manager from our smallest systems. He ****ed me off
by telling me that "Any service company would be proud to have our
work", so I gave two weeks notice. I spent part of my last week
installing all new C-band microwave equipment, because Collins/Rockwell
would no longer service it, and none of those service companies would
touch it. I routinely rebuilt the Collins equipment in house for our
system, and other systems owned by United Video.

There is a part of me which asks "Why?" as they had a VP who knew
that they could outsource the service work, eh no? So it would be a
learning experience for them.

OTOH, were I in such a situation, I would definitely want to make
life simpler to the customers. After all, the day will come when you
say "I worked for Industrial Widget" and someone will form their
opinion of you because of their experience with Industrial Widget -
even if it is long after you left.
Long standing grip - people doing crappy work which goes out and
because I work for the same company, it make me look bad.

tschus
pyotr

former machinist.

--