Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Tumble dryers revisited.

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 12:41:13 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:30:36 on
Fri, 29 Dec 2017, T i m remarked:
On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 11:53:59 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 13:17:57 on Thu, 28 Dec
2017, Lee remarked:

A "normal" load of say a bedding change (cotton) and a couple of
towels spun at 1600rpm dries in about 2.5 hours. AFAICS this is about
on par with a non heat pump machine.

Nope. A conventional dryer will cope with that lot in under an hour,
even if spun at 800-1000rpm.

So by 'conventional' do you mean 'vented' Rowland?

Yes, Tym.

Sorry, only spotted that when reading your reply here (I'm sure it
must be one of those frustrating things you get a lot, unlike my Tym
(which I quite like BTW)), but that's also 'word blindness' for you).
;-(

FWIW, we generally spin at 'not the fastest' speed because I'm not
sure it does the bearings any good. [1]

Which is why we use 800rpm most of the time.

Noted.

We stayed at a holiday rental earlier in the month and it had a
condenser-dryer.

A condenser-dryer or heat pump?

Dunno - the instruction manual was missing.

Ok ... but I'm guessing it might not be heat pump in a 'holiday
rental', unless the electricity was inclusive?

Cheers, T y m