TURTLE

Default A/C & Heater Replacement??

wrote in message
On 26 Nov 2003 08:23:59 -0800, (ishtarbgl) wrote:

be. When he fired it back up I was shocked to see the flames again.
They were almost completely blue. He said my wife and I had nothing
to worry about as far as a health threat was concerned. He went on to

done. Comparatively, the next individual shows up completely prepared
for anything and is able to deduce and desribe the issues and
non-issues. Needless to say I was impressed and this guy doesn't even
advertise in the yellow pages.

Maybe he doesn't need to :-).

How many customers is he going to pick up next year from your
recommendation ( not counting yourself ) ? :-)

This is Turtle.

In my area the youngsters starting out and big fly by nite use the yellow
pages. There is 6 service and installation companys in my area and 2 have
ads in the yellow pages. 1 is a youngster starting out -- green behind the
ears but he is learning and the other one is a , well he has screwed so many
customers that he has to aim his business at very new customers that he has
not work for before. If your starting out or screw up units too much you
have to use the yellow pages to keep the calls coming.

I stop using the yellow pages when i started going commercial about 10 years
ago and the only difference now is i don't have to tell as many customers
that I can't get to them. Also if you don't have the yellow pages sending
you customers . you don't get all the price shoppers with no ideal of what
quality work is. The yellow pages around here is just used for cost
comparing but when they go to do something they call the hvac conpany or man
that does their work. I use to get a lot of " what will you change out a
condenser fan motor for because the service man who checked it wanted just
too much" . I ask this well tell me what he wants to change it and I will
tell you if it is too much. They would say Oh , No i want you to bid on this
motor change out. I will tell them , I quiet bidding motor change out 30
years ago and if your looking for the lowest price. i'm not the one to call.
Most all these price shoppers have no ideal of what your tring to tell them
for they think your walmarts and just getting a price on lawn mower and
they will come by and pick it up.

TURTLE