Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents.

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 17:20:31 -0500, Michael A Terrell
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 15:14:05 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 12/25/2017 12:53 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 00:27:12 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. Started
out to
be 8 of them. I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these
4 all
very similar. Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong
speeds
and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch.
Didn't
have enough time to make two more top pieces. Still I have enough
for
the most important people. They use either Parker refills or
Fisher
Space Pen refills. I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for
the
ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25..._12_25_46.jpeg

Nice. How does the TSA react to these nowadays? I've heard mixed
reviews. Some "tactical pens" are passed, some are confiscated,
and
some arrests were made.

--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

--Veterans of Foreign Wars

No clue. I haven't flown in years. I refuse to be treated like a
subject. I'll fly if I have to, but I find I don't often have to.

I hear that.

The last time I flew, the guy at the TSA x-ray told me to take off
my
shoes and belt. I laughed, thinking he was joking and he didn't
reply. He repeated it as the two Nat'l Guardsmen with M-16s took a
step forward. I loudly said COMPLIANCE and hurriedly removed them
and set them in the bucket for scanning. That was mid-morning the
day
the "shoe bomber" had been nabbed. I was flying to Alaska for my
50th
birthday 14 years ago. My Nikes and belt passed OK and the
Guardsmen
stepped back. Interesting morning. Later, I saw the flash on the
right wing, the plane shuddered, and a loud crack sounded. We were
struck by lightning on approach to SeaTac. The cabin lights dimmed,
but the engines didn't skip a beat. 'Twas me first strike.

https://www.quora.com/Can-lightning-...fect-as-an-EMP

If you've ever worked around a tower that was struck by lightning,
you'll know first hand what that induced magnetic pulse can do to
unshielded circuits. I spent hours on cross country phone calls
arranging for replacement parts, and had one of the techs waiting at the
airport for them to arrive after losing audio on every satellite
delivered channel on a CATV system because o the manager's attitude of,
'It's just audio, why waste money on shielded cable'? The $20 he saved
caused us to spend over $1000 to repair.

Ya gotta love "upper" management, don't ya?

--
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and
the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish
and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but
never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real,
it is possible, it is yours.
-- Ayn Rand