Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tumble dryers revisited.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 16:58:57 +0000, T i m wrote:

The tank has never filled up during drying.

If used more than once without emptying?

You are supposed to empty it after each load. We frequently don't, thogh.
It takes a few seconds - slide it out, tip over sink, replace.

It's a big tank, and the total caoacity is that plus the holding tank
inside the machine (I know that's big as well, I've looked).

Sorry, there is more than one tank in use here?

Effectively. The tank you empty is at the top of the machine (in the same
place as the soap powder drawer on a washing machine, and the same
dimensions panel-wise, but full depth).

There is a large holding tank inside the machine that collects water.
When it's full, a sensor starts a pump that moves the water to the
removable tank. If the removable tank fills, a bypass sends it back to
the holding tank. A sensor there detects potential overflow and stops the
machine.