Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android
harry newton harry newton is offline

Default What free cross-platform benchmark tools do you use to benchmark phones?

He who is Piet said on Thu, 28 Dec 2017 13:34:59 +0100:

harry newton wrote:
The problem is most Internet benchmark test results are platform specific:
https://www.androidbenchmark.net
And most free benchmarking tools seem to only work on one platform:

I'd expect so. I can install some version of Windows on a pc and run
a benchmark. I can install some version of Linux on the same pe can
run a benchmark. I'd never expect the same results.

https://www.greenbot.com/article/2843337/test-your-android-phones-performance-with-these-free-benchmarking-tools.html

See second paragraph under Interpreting Results. Comparing devices
with the same OS already has its problems, and you want to aggravate
them by comparing Apples with Phones.

I understand that the benchmarks don't generally cross platforms, but the
$130 LG Stylo 3 Plus 32GB octacore phablet is similar in raw specs to the
$670 Apple iPhone 7 Plus 32GB quadcore phablet - so I was hoping to see how
they differed in performance.

The iPhone has half as many cores, but a faster clock speed for half of
those, while the LG has the same clock speed for 4 of its cores that the
iPhone has for 2 of its cores.

The iPhone has 1GB more RAM (at 3GB) while the LG raw specs are better than
the iPhone on almost all other hardware attributes.

Hence I wanted a one-to-one comparison of the two since I have access to
both.