Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Default What free cross-platform benchmark tools do you use to benchmark phones?

What free cross-platform benchmark tools do you use to benchmark phones?

I bought a handful of Costco $130 Android LG Stylo 3 Plus phablets as
stocking stuffers that I wish to benchmark against my sister's $670 iPhone
7 Plus.

T-Mobile LG Stylo 3 Plus (aka TP450):
https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/lg-stylo-3-plus
http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-TP450-stylo-3-plus
https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_stylo_3_plus-8694.php
T-Mobile Apple iPhone 7 Plus:
https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone-7-plus
https://www.apple.com/iphone-7/specs/
https://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_7_plus-8065.php

I can compare them based on pure hardware specs but benchmarks are better:
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-Stylo-3-Plus,Apple-iPhone-7-Plus/phones/10534,9816

The problem is most Internet benchmark test results are platform specific:
https://www.androidbenchmark.net

And most free benchmarking tools seem to only work on one platform:
https://www.greenbot.com/article/2843337/test-your-android-phones-performance-with-these-free-benchmarking-tools.html

Hence the consumer-available cross-platform benchmark question:
Q: What free cross-platform benchmark tools do you use to benchmark phones?
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

He who is Piet said on Thu, 28 Dec 2017 13:34:59 +0100:

harry newton wrote:
The problem is most Internet benchmark test results are platform specific:
https://www.androidbenchmark.net
And most free benchmarking tools seem to only work on one platform:

I'd expect so. I can install some version of Windows on a pc and run
a benchmark. I can install some version of Linux on the same pe can
run a benchmark. I'd never expect the same results.

https://www.greenbot.com/article/2843337/test-your-android-phones-performance-with-these-free-benchmarking-tools.html

See second paragraph under Interpreting Results. Comparing devices
with the same OS already has its problems, and you want to aggravate
them by comparing Apples with Phones.

I understand that the benchmarks don't generally cross platforms, but the
$130 LG Stylo 3 Plus 32GB octacore phablet is similar in raw specs to the
$670 Apple iPhone 7 Plus 32GB quadcore phablet - so I was hoping to see how
they differed in performance.

The iPhone has half as many cores, but a faster clock speed for half of
those, while the LG has the same clock speed for 4 of its cores that the
iPhone has for 2 of its cores.

The iPhone has 1GB more RAM (at 3GB) while the LG raw specs are better than
the iPhone on almost all other hardware attributes.

Hence I wanted a one-to-one comparison of the two since I have access to
both.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I believe this is our same troll with the BMW problem. Seems to originate from the same source with the same style. Don't feed the troll.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 05:05:03 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Don't feed the troll.

You just did

--