Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default value?

On 28/12/2017 11:26, GB wrote:
On 28/12/2017 11:16, DJC wrote:

Citroën C2, 06 reg, LHD. Driving through 10" of flood water: it
appears I am still not old enough to know better. It has now been
recovered to my driveway, almost certainly has water in engine.

Really? Water inside the cylinders? Water that doesn't compress?
Wouldn't that force the head off or wreck the crank - that kind of
thing? Were there REALLY loud noises coming from the engine bay/bits
coming out of the side of the block?

Are you sure that you haven't just drowned the electrics? That could be
pretty deadly for a car of that age, too, of course. Personally, I'd
just dry it out and try turning the engine over.

+1

Yup 10" of water does not sound like it should be that serious.

--
Cheers,

John.