Andy Hall

Default Planer/Jointer

On 19 Dec 2003 16:18:36 -0800, (Mark)
wrote:

I'm considering buying the Performance Power planer which B&Q sell for
around £120. Has anyone had any experince with this machine?

Can I use this machine to accurately thickness timber by making
multiple passes? And assuming the fence is at an accurate 90 degrees
to the planer bed, will opposite sides always be guaranteed parallel?

Thanks,
Mark.

You really need a thicknesser to do that.

These start at about £300 for a small portable one - e.g. Axminster
CT344.

You can get small combined planer thicknessers starting nearer £400,
e.g. Axminster CCNPT.

However, these are really entry level hobby grade machines so tend to
be limited on capacity and possibly accuracy. It really depends on
how much work you want to do and how accurate is accurate.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl