Neil Jones

Default Automatic garage door - any suggestions?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:54:55 +0100, Andrew McKay
wrote:

As I remarked in an earlier message, I now have a fully working
automatic garage door. However one problem is that if I don't remember
to park the Freelander forward then I'm going to have an expensive
repair job to look forward to, as the canopy door extension bar sticks
out several inches, and will clobber the rear of the Freelander.

The door opener/closer is the Motorlift 5000 from Screwfix.

I need to have some sort of proximity detector which will either
prevent the door from closing, or alternatively beep at me or flash a
light if the car isn't far enough forward in the garage.

Any ideas, possibly with links?

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk

How about one of these?
http://www.letsautomate.com/10463.cf...TOKEN=17875167

I'd have thought it'd be fairly striaghtforward to modify it into an
interlock if required.

I'm thinking about getting one for my dad, so if anyone's tried one
and they're rubbihs, or whatever, please say!

Cheers

Neil