Darrell

Default A/C & Heater Replacement??

Please do you and your wife a favor and shop contractors. Very
seriously look at this model from Carrier. It is sooooooo nice. My
electric bill was cut in half, my gas bill went down last winter by 15%
and the air in my home is constantly moving which eliminates cold spots
and provides overall comfort.

This is what I own (58CVA or Weathermaker 8000V)
http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...et_gasfurn.htm

If you have the extra money and it is appropiate for your situation I
would get the
http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...et_gasfurn.htm
as your gas bill will go down much more.

When comparing AC condensing units I would go with a 12+ seer and buy a
unit that uses R-410a refrigerant. http://www.puron.com/

As far as other brands ... Rheem, Trane, American Standard? None of them
can compete with how QUIET and reliable a Carrier or Bryant variable
speed furnace is. Oh yea don't let the contractors glorify the furnace
and charge you too much. Keep shopping until you get the price that
makes sense. Make sure they breakout the bill, labor and material. You
want to see what they are charging labor for ... ALL HVAC equipment has
the potential for high profit.

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com