Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Merry Christmas Y'all!

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 09:29:20 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/27/2017 8:50 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 05:39:54 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 9:07:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 22:04:01 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
and a Happy New Year!

Right back at cha!

Rented an old farm house with my brothers. Big family get together. Pirogies on Christmas Eve,
Italian on Christmas day. Wood stove cranking, hot tub every night - after shoveling a path to it.
104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it. Heading to VT in the morning to go skiing with my
daughter.

Talked with my son in Vermont, Christmas morning. They had had a foot
of snow already and it was still coming down. Drive safely.

I've heard that the official plowing policy for VT is:

"God put it there, God can take it away."

No, that's the GA plan. If it takes a week, so be it. Actually,
that's the _one_ thing that Vermont does right. A foot of snow will
be off the roads within four hours of the end of the storm. Three
feet may take a day or two. ;-)

It's doesn't get much better than this!

Other than the Winter driving part. I done enough of that for a
lifetime.

The ride to VT was OK except for up near Barre. Bad squall came through. Very limited visibility
and extremely greasy conditions. Rutland (where my daughter lives) is fine except for the cold.

I think we're going to skip the skiing today and just hang out. It's -4 Too cold to have any fun.

We lived in the Burlington area for 14 years. There is a (well, more
than one) reason we moved South.

I like the kind of snow we had a few weeks ago. It only stick to things
that made it pretty. ;~) Absolutely none on the sidewalks, streets, or
roads.

Right. They should pass a law that snow is only allowed to stick to
green things.