Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Merry Christmas Y'all!

and a Happy New Year!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
and a Happy New Year!

Likewise, to ya'll. With some dog bark thrown in from our pooch who is
experiencing the holidays for her first time. Too early to tell what
sort of shop dog she'll be. She is inquisitive, but not so good at "come
here" or "stop/drop that", unless you offer a bribe.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
and a Happy New Year!

Right back at cha!

Rented an old farm house with my brothers. Big family get together. Pirogies on Christmas Eve,
Italian on Christmas day. Wood stove cranking, hot tub every night - after shoveling a path to it.
104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it. Heading to VT in the morning to go skiing with my
daughter.

It's doesn't get much better than this!

Merry Christmas to all.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 22:04:01 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
and a Happy New Year!

Right back at cha!

Rented an old farm house with my brothers. Big family get together. Pirogies on Christmas Eve,
Italian on Christmas day. Wood stove cranking, hot tub every night - after shoveling a path to it.
104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it. Heading to VT in the morning to go skiing with my
daughter.

Talked with my son in Vermont, Christmas morning. They had had a foot
of snow already and it was still coming down. Drive safely.

It's doesn't get much better than this!

Other than the Winter driving part. I done enough of that for a
lifetime.

Merry Christmas to all.

#MeToo
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
and a Happy New Year!

Right back at cha!

Rented an old farm house with my brothers. Big family get together. Pirogies on Christmas Eve,
Italian on Christmas day. Wood stove cranking, hot tub every night - after shoveling a path to it.
104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it. Heading to VT in the morning to go skiing with my
daughter.

Talked with my son in Vermont, Christmas morning. They had had a foot
of snow already and it was still coming down. Drive safely.

I've heard that the official plowing policy for VT is:

"God put it there, God can take it away."

It's doesn't get much better than this!

Other than the Winter driving part. I done enough of that for a
lifetime.

The ride to VT was OK except for up near Barre. Bad squall came through. Very limited visibility
and extremely greasy conditions. Rutland (where my daughter lives) is fine except for the cold.

I think we're going to skip the skiing today and just hang out. It's -4 Too cold to have any fun.

Merry Christmas to all.

#MeToo

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
and a Happy New Year!

Right back at cha!

Rented an old farm house with my brothers. Big family get together. Pirogies on Christmas Eve,
Italian on Christmas day. Wood stove cranking, hot tub every night - after shoveling a path to it.
104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it. Heading to VT in the morning to go skiing with my
daughter.

Talked with my son in Vermont, Christmas morning. They had had a foot
of snow already and it was still coming down. Drive safely.

I've heard that the official plowing policy for VT is:

"God put it there, God can take it away."

No, that's the GA plan. If it takes a week, so be it. Actually,
that's the _one_ thing that Vermont does right. A foot of snow will
be off the roads within four hours of the end of the storm. Three
feet may take a day or two. ;-)

It's doesn't get much better than this!

Other than the Winter driving part. I done enough of that for a
lifetime.

The ride to VT was OK except for up near Barre. Bad squall came through. Very limited visibility
and extremely greasy conditions. Rutland (where my daughter lives) is fine except for the cold.

I think we're going to skip the skiing today and just hang out. It's -4 Too cold to have any fun.

We lived in the Burlington area for 14 years. There is a (well, more
than one) reason we moved South.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/26/2017 12:04 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
and a Happy New Year!

Right back at cha!

Rented an old farm house with my brothers. Big family get together. Pirogies on Christmas Eve,
Italian on Christmas day. Wood stove cranking, hot tub every night - after shoveling a path to it.
104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it. Heading to VT in the morning to go skiing with my
daughter.

It's doesn't get much better than this!

Merry Christmas to all.

Sounds GREAT! all of it!
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I like the kind of snow we had a few weeks ago. It only stick to things
that made it pretty. ;~) Absolutely none on the sidewalks, streets, or
roads.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/26/2017 12:04 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it.

Never quite understood the attraction. Sweat like a pig below the
waterline, freeze above it.

I don't get it! 8|

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Right. They should pass a law that snow is only allowed to stick to
green things.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Dec 2017 15:38:08 GMT, notbob wrote:

On 12/26/2017 12:04 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it.

Never quite understood the attraction. Sweat like a pig below the
waterline, freeze above it.

I don't get it! 8|

I guess it depends on what's going on below the water line and the
beverages above. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 10:38:12 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
On 12/26/2017 12:04 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it.

Never quite understood the attraction. Sweat like a pig below the
waterline, freeze above it.

I don't get it! 8|

Relaxing conversation with family and friends after a hectic day of "vacationing", trying
to name the constellations, marveling at the occasional shooting star, all the while
enjoying the massaging bubbles.

What's not to get?