Bob

Default Hot water recirculator system

Does the washer really take that long to heat the water? Hmmm, I guess I
could imagine 5 minutes to heat a couple of gallons x 3 fills (wash plus 2
rinses) would add about 15 minutes to a load. My laundry schedule is limited
by the dryer, but with a front loader you save drier time because of the
faster spin...

If the time is really an issue, try using a point-of-use electric water
heater at the washer. I've seen under-lav mounting units that "instant" heat
with a kW or two for not too much money. They don't have a huge flow rate
(without taking a massive amount of gas or electric) but you should still
save time over the washer heating it up. The electricity bill will be
exactly the same as you have now - you would just be using a beefier heater
to heat the water quicker.

Bob

"John" wrote in message
Hello group..
I have seen a few of these advertised, and was wondering if they really
work..They claim to save you a bunch of water which is wasted by waiting

for
the hot water to arrive to the faucet..My desired use is for the
laundry..The laundry room is quite a distance from the water heater, and
being a water efficient front load washer, it uses very little water and

on
a hot water wash, by the time the washer fills, the water is just getting
hot which then makes the washer heat its own water making a very long
cycle..If these things really work, this would be a life saver as I could
program the water circulator pump to come on when I do laundry
usually...Here is an example of this system:
http://www.rewci.com/whhohotwaci.html

If anyone has personally used one I would love to hear your comments!!

Thanks so much everyone!!! John