Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Odd Things About MSC

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 00:11:59 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 12/24/2017 10:18 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 19:04:13 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 12/24/2017 4:54 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:
On 12/24/2017 06:47 AM, amdx wrote:
I got a call asking if I just checked out of a Red Roof inn.
No, I didn't. Did you have a $212 dinner at some restaurant?
No!, Did you buy $113 at CVS, No. We will send you a new card.
Another time they called to ask if I made 5 purchases at iTunes.
Nope, We will send you a new card.
This was when I had two kids in college in Gainsville and the they had
a big skimming problem at the time.
I also got a call asking if I charged $1, I said I need to check
with my wife, she did, she started pumping gas and found it was cheaper
if she paid cash, so she stopped the charge and paid cash for the rest.
She's like that.

So, she got the lower price, and the station had to pay a swipe fee
anyway!

30+ years ago I made a bank deposit, the teller ask if I wanted my
balance, sure she gave it to me, I said no that's not right, it's too
high. She said maybe you wife made a deposit, I said no. She said that
is the correct balance. I said ok, knowing it was wrong and left.
A few days later I received a letter saying deposit in error.
They took a little over $10,000 out of my account.

When I first opened my checking account here, my first statement
showed a mystery deposit of around $1200. When I called the bank to
report that, the response was, "Oh, they must have messed up the account
numbers again."

AGAIN???

Some years ago I financed a bass boat with AEA Federal Credit Union. I
was doing very well at the time so I was paying 2-5 times my monthly
payment to get the principal down quick. Every check had my loan number
computer printed on it. One day I got a call saying they were going to
send me to collection if I didn't catch up my account. They were nasty,
and I was furious. I told them I made thousands of dollar sin over
payments and I could prove it because the checks cleared. They got
nastier, and said if I didn't pay immediately they were going to turn me
over to collections. The next day I got a call from their collection
agent. They have their own in house hard corps collections. I finally
just had enough. I told him if he didn't "f-ing" figure out what they
did with my money I wasn't going to come down to his office with my
paper I was going to the newspaper with my story, and "If they won't run
it I'll pay to run it as an advertisement because I can prove everything
I said, and your first level collector refused to even listen to me. You
straighten it out today or I will be at the front door of the paper when
they open in the morning."

He sounded like he was prepared to ride rough shod over me when he
called, and by the time I hung up he was apologizing and back pedaling
like his life depended on it.

Turned out they had been depositing my loan payments into the checking
account of a guy named Robert Lee. They credited all my payments, went
back and fixed all the penalties, and when they baulked at writing a
letter to all of the big three credit reporting agencies that had picked
up their reported non-payments I asked if they would prefer I took them
to court or went to the newspaper. One or the other was going to happen
if they didn't fix ALL of the damage they caused. They called me five
minutes later, and said the letters stating that their reporting was
their own fault would be written and sent.

Of course they tried to pull the usual crap of forcing me to buy
insurance through them a couple times by saying I had not provided them
proof of insurance, which my agent had sent every time. They even added
it to my bill once, and then credited it back to my account when I
called them out on not only having it, but also having sent the proof.
One time they claimed they had the loan listed with the boat first and
the notice from the insurance company had the trailer first. The next
time they claimed the reverse. I didn't care. As far as I was
concerned it was a scam to make a couple more dollars.

A couple years ago I walked in and paid off the few thousand dollar
balance. I had calmed down some what over the intervening years, and
just planned to pay it off quietly, close my bank account there, and
leave. The poor teller had to ask me if I was going to finance a new
boat through them when I handed her my check...

Sounds like Bank of America.

LOL. I had a business account at BofA once upon a time. The day they
decided to but a 5 day hold on a cashiers check drawn on their bank I
started shopping for a new bank.

I tried to cash a $25 check from a client at another branch of BofA,
in the same city, once. The teller not only refused to do it, but she
got snooty and called the manager over. When he confirmed that they
would not do it, I took the check back, drove over to my branch, and
loudly, angrily closed out both my checking and savings accounts. I
was farkin' furious. (I was already mad at them because they had "lost
track of" several small deposits over the previous months, and I had
to show them the deposit receipts for them to reinstate the funds.)
The manager at my branch profusely apologized, trying to get me to
stay (I wouldn't.) and I heard him chew out the manager at the other
branch on the phone while I was waiting for my funds. I made a point
to tear up each check in the bank book, then tore up the plastic
holder, throwing them on the counter so all the other customers could
see. They balked at closing the checking account that day, despite
seeing my register and check pad, but gave me most of my money. A
week later, when no other transactions had appeared on my account,
they mailed a check for the remainder to me, and I've never looked
back.

Then I heard, years ago, that they were using Indian customer service.
Yes, your banking data is screened in India by foreigners when you
bank with BofA. (Never again.)

3rd party checks at off-branches are handled easily at other banks.
The tellers hand you two slips to sign, one simply depositing the
money into your account and the other a withdrawal statement for the
same amount. It's handled in under a minute with no fuss nor muss.

--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

--Veterans of Foreign Wars