Larry Davick

Default Hot water recirculator system

I bought an Laing autocirc under our kitchen sink a few months ago and it
has helped. It's not the dramatic improvement I had hoped for at the sink,
however the bathrooms get hot water much more quickly than before. The cold
water at the kitchen sink is just tepid for a moment, then it gets cold, not
too much of a problem.

http://www.lainginc.com

They sell these at Home Depot, but I found ours on ebay for $140. For that
price I thought I'd give it a try. When we re-do our kitchen next year I'll
still use the pump, but I think I will put a dedicated return line to the
water heater, and insulate all of our pipes.

FWIW.

"John" wrote in message
Hello group..
I have seen a few of these advertised, and was wondering if they really
work..They claim to save you a bunch of water which is wasted by waiting

for
the hot water to arrive to the faucet..My desired use is for the
laundry..The laundry room is quite a distance from the water heater, and
being a water efficient front load washer, it uses very little water and

on
a hot water wash, by the time the washer fills, the water is just getting
hot which then makes the washer heat its own water making a very long
cycle..If these things really work, this would be a life saver as I could
program the water circulator pump to come on when I do laundry
usually...Here is an example of this system:
http://www.rewci.com/whhohotwaci.html

If anyone has personally used one I would love to hear your comments!!

Thanks so much everyone!!! John