Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheChief TheChief is offline

Default Alarm Battery Charge Time

Bill Wright Wrote in message:
On 23/12/2017 23:34, TheChief wrote:
Hi all

Following alarm issues caused by a power cut I have fitted a new
battery from Screwfix.

But it appears that it had been on the shelf a while and was low
on charge.

The battery is a 12v 7Ah lead acid jobbie.

My question is how long is it likely to take for the alarm power
supply to charge the newly installed battery?
The alarm is a Texecom Veritas Excel model.

It doesn't matter because once you have installed it it will be on
permanent charge. But if you bought a lead acid battery and it was
discharged it's likely to be faulty. What made you think it was discharged?

I have bought small lead acid batteries like that and they won't ever
come back to normal condition.

Bill

Hi Bill

When I first fitted the replacement battery, without mains on, it
didn't have enough charge to hold up the alarm and power keypads.
When I spoke to the Texecom tech guy he said it wasn't unusual
due to the shelf time of the battery.
He told me to power up on mains and then connect the battery. I
did this and have left the system in that state.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/