Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Odd Things About MSC

On 12/22/2017 5:01 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 23/12/2017 5:37 AM, amdx wrote:

I recently had a $52 charge on my card that I didn't recognize.
The seller was named JOHNNYSUME. Hmm, Johnny Su Me.
I contested it, the card company got a weak descriptive response from
the vendor. They sent a form for me to sign that I didn't make the
charge.

Got a call from my bank about 5 years ago, asking questions to verify I
was the owner of the account. High suspicious, I questioned them. They
responded, that someone had tried to pay for about a grand worth of
diesel in Pakistan with my card info, which was automatically declined,
then they tried again just under $500 worth. This triggered an automatic
suspension of the card. I happily confirmed I was not in Pakistan and
had not given my info out to anyone. No idea who got hacked to obtain my
card info, but sure was happy with my bank being right on top of things!

Jon

I got a call asking if I just checked out of a Red Roof inn.
No, I didn't. Did you have a $212 dinner at some restaurant?
No!, Did you buy $113 at CVS, No. We will send you a new card.
Another time they called to ask if I made 5 purchases at iTunes.
Nope, We will send you a new card.
This was when I had two kids in college in Gainsville and the they had
a big skimming problem at the time.
I also got a call asking if I charged $1, I said I need to check with
my wife, she did, she started pumping gas and found it was cheaper if
she paid cash, so she stopped the charge and paid cash for the rest.
She's like that. :-)

30+ years ago I made a bank deposit, the teller ask if I wanted my
balance, sure she gave it to me, I said no that's not right, it's too
high. She said maybe you wife made a deposit, I said no. She said that
is the correct balance. I said ok, knowing it was wrong and left.
A few days later I received a letter saying deposit in error.
They took a little over $10,000 out of my account.
Mikek