Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Can furnace gas valve solenoids be repaired/replaced?

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 9:45:45 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:
On 12/23/2017 6:44 AM, GG wrote:
replying to trader4, GG wrote:
Empire quoted me $395.00 for gas valve replacement for stand alone
heater. Yeeeeeeeow!Â* Id rather tried replacing just the solenoid if i
can find one, or a used gas valve.

Try eBay...I retrofitted an old "wild pilot" heater in the pump house
with new safety-valve/pilot a few years ago with NOS (new, old stock)
parts for about $20...

--

Also many times you can cross-reference the part number to an equivalent
that's available from multiple sources instead of the "Carrier" or