Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default Odd Things About MSC

On 23/12/2017 5:37 AM, amdx wrote:

I recently had a $52 charge on my card that I didn't recognize.
The seller was named JOHNNYSUME. Hmm, Johnny Su Me.
I contested it, the card company got a weak descriptive response from
the vendor. They sent a form for me to sign that I didn't make the charge.

Got a call from my bank about 5 years ago, asking questions to verify I
was the owner of the account. High suspicious, I questioned them. They
responded, that someone had tried to pay for about a grand worth of
diesel in Pakistan with my card info, which was automatically declined,
then they tried again just under $500 worth. This triggered an automatic
suspension of the card. I happily confirmed I was not in Pakistan and
had not given my info out to anyone. No idea who got hacked to obtain my
card info, but sure was happy with my bank being right on top of things!

Jon

---