Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Help - Alarm System Issues after Power Cut

On 21/12/2017 22:03, TheChief wrote:

It certainly accepted my access code, so I am hopeful all the
config data has been retained.

Probably saved in non-volatile memory (Flash memory/EEPROM) that is
accessed only on switch on and to write when a configuration changes.

Don't forget that there is probably a NiCad rechargeable battery (stack)
in the bell box. It purpose in anti-tamper and will trigger the sounder
if the bell box loses contact with the controller (cut wires etc). This
will also have a life expectancy of around 5 years.