Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheChief TheChief is offline

Default Help - Alarm System Issues after Power Cut

"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Has it got an internal battery for the systems settings? If this is duff
then it will have forgotten them all and after replacing the battery, you
may need to find some instructions about resetting it all up again.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"TheChief" wrote in message
news
Ok so we had a power cut about half an hour ago. Since then my
alarm system has been unworkable.

The system is a Texecom Veritas Excel and has been reliable for years.

Initially when the power came back on, all the LEDs on the keypads
were lit, power, unset and tamper. But the keypad panel was
light green and it was not possible to enter commands thru the
keypad.
To try and cancel the various audio alarms, I removed mains and
battery power. Having powered all back up, I have nothing
showing on the keypad displays at all.
I have checked five fuses on the main panel board and all seem fine.
Anyone know how I can get the keypads and system to operate normally?

Thanks

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Hi Brian
I don't think it has an internal battery. I took a pic of the
board when I was trying to resolve this afternoon's issues and
have revisited that. Can't see a CMOS type battery. Can this
info be held up by a capacitor and circuitry?

It certainly accepted my access code, so I am hopeful all the
config data has been retained.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----