Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheChief TheChief is offline

Default Help - Alarm System Issues after Power Cut

Martin Brown Wrote in message:
On 21/12/2017 15:05, TheChief wrote:
TheChief Wrote in message:
Ok so we had a power cut about half an hour ago. Since then my
alarm system has been unworkable.

The system is a Texecom Veritas Excel and has been reliable for years.

Initially when the power came back on, all the LEDs on the keypads
were lit, power, unset and tamper. But the keypad panel was
light green and it was not possible to enter commands thru the
keypad.
To try and cancel the various audio alarms, I removed mains and
battery power. Having powered all back up, I have nothing
showing on the keypad displays at all.
I have checked five fuses on the main panel board and all seem fine.
Anyone know how I can get the keypads and system to operate normally?

Did it fail loud immediately on power loss or after a while or on
restoring mains power?

I should add that to cancel the internal a!arm I have removed
mains power. The external sounder is now running almost
continuously. If I get access to the keypad I can send a hold
off command, but otherwise do not know how to safely silence the
external sounder.

Phil

I suspect the backup battery is flat and the alarm went into panic mode.
There should be a factory reset button or key sequence but that isn't a
lot of help if you don't have the engineering manual for the unit.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Thanks Martin

Turns out that the problem is the battery as you suggest. I didn't
realise Texecom have phone support but found the number. The
tech guy on my model says this is a common reaction to power loss
if the battery is shot.

The solution was to disconnect the battery and power up the panel
on mains only. Just need to dive out to Screwfix for replacement
battery.

Strangely when the panel was powered up, the keypad displayed a
message about arming all zones, but this disappeared on input of
my access code.

Thanks for response

Phil

--