William Morris

Default Residential electical question

Bravo. I've told my wife that if we ever need another network hookup in the
house, I'm going wireless. I don't buy my supplies wholesale - retail
prices on CAT5 cable, outlets, and boxes - not to mention aggravation of
cutting holes in my walls - are gawdawful. Costs me $75 every time.

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
There is new breed called communication electricians.
Why bother? Pretty soon it'll be all wireless.
Tony

C G wrote:
Many electricians should leave the first three alone.

HA HA Budys Here wrote:

Heck, there's still electricians who scoff at pre-wiring homes for

coaxial
cable or satallite TV, or Cat6e wiring, or 3-way switches!

From: C G

It's understandable if he felt 200 amps was too much for YOUR house,

but
to respond that it is only used for industrial seems a bit odd. As
others have said, 200 amps is quite common.

William Morris wrote:

In fairness to the electrician, our house is not large - only about

1300 sq
ft not including the basement. Each room was wired in the 1950's for

1 or
two overhead lamps and one or two outlets. Really inadequate by

today's
standards, I would think.

- Wm