Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED under-cabinet lighting

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
My former neighbours had both over and under cabinet lighting in their
kitchen. With the slim conventional tube fittings (of which they
probably had a ten), after a couple of years they were getting a failure
every couple of months. I swapped em all out for new fittings with LEDs
a couple of years ago, and no failures since.

I have standard size florries here as under cabinet lighting. Tubes seem
to last forever. Most plinths seem to be big enough to hide my size of
tube, so no real reason to use smaller? Except that so many of those plug
together under cabinet fittings seem to use T4 tubes. A good reason to
make up your own.

Although I've got a couple of short T4s as panel lamps elsewhere. They
seem to have a pretty decent life too - far better than the tungsten they
replaced. But will probably change to LED there if and when they fail.

--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.