Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hul Tytus Hul Tytus is offline

Default Tailstock DRO ???

A mount for a dial indicator C clamped to the tailstock has worked well
on a 9 by 20 chinese lathe. One with 2 inches of travel serves well on the
cross slide, too. Harbor Freight devices I think.

Hul

Bob La Londe wrote:
Do you get by with the graduated markings on the barrel and the markings
on the crank?

Have you implemented a poor man's DRO with a caliper mounted to the
stock and barrel?

Is there something better?

Thinking about a trip to HF for a cheap digital. I'm making some
stainless steel pen bodies, and drilling depth is modestly important.
Since I plan to make several of them for both Space Pen (tm) refills,and
for my own carbide scribe "refills" I'd like to be able to drill to
depth quickly and fairly repeatably.