Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default LED under-cabinet lighting

On 18/12/2017 21:07, .phil_a wrote:
On Sunday, 17 December 2017 23:06:21 UTC, GB wrote:
On 17/12/2017 22:38, Phil Addison wrote:
My old fluorescent under-kitchen-cabinet tubes are failing at an
ever faster rate, so I'm thinking of replacing with LEDs,
particularly flexible LED tapes.

A fluorescent tube is about 3000 - 4000 lumens per meter. So, you
can work out exactly how many tapes you need for equivalent light
output.

Doesn't that depend on the size of the tube?? Mine are T4 (1/2" dia)
16W 2700K 455mm long ROBUS. And Robus is a make I'll avoid as these
are failing in less that 1 year. I have tried to find out their
claimed output with no success.

I have found most of the slim under cabinet fl tube lamps to be fairly
poor in life expectancy - either the tube of the fitting failing within
a couple of years.

--
Cheers,

John.