Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default OT Debit card Q

On 18/12/2017 16:19, Mark Allread wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:35:43 +0000, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

On 18/12/2017 10:53, Mark Allread wrote:

Will UK banks issue second debit cards on a normal bank account to a
named individual without them having to be a joint account holder?

IME as PoA for a number of accounts, no. Although named as PoA on
the accounts I have been unable to obtain a debit card and all the
suggestions have been that I should use the account holder's card.

Different here. I have PoA and the bank sent me a debit card without
being asked.

Out of interest, if you have no objection, which bank is that one
please?

Lloyds were happy to give me debit card, cheque book, statements,
telephone/internet banking etc. with LPoA

Interesting - the LLoyds branch nearest to us created all sorts of
problems at the time (as did Santander) so I ended up closing both
accounts and moving the money elsewhere. Fortunately I had been given
password etc for the accounts in the account holder's name so I was able
to log on and do it all on-line.

Yorkshire and Santander. I forgot.