Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Single skin brick wall - plastering solution recommendation

On 18/12/2017 13:09, wrote:
On Monday, 18 December 2017 10:13:09 UTC, RJH wrote:
On 18/12/2017 04:04, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 17 December 2017 15:17:58 UTC, Andrew wrote:

Damp shouldn't be a problem if the insulation is on the interior and coated with ali foil on the warm interior side.

The science on this is - complicated.

really it isn't, but it's not obvious. Most people seem to think damp gets in from the outside.

Perhaps I should have added that *I* find it complicated :-)

A while back I made the mistake of reading this:

https://www.bre.co.uk/page.jsp?id=3397

and in particular this:

https://www.bre.co.uk/filelibrary/pd...ure-review.pdf

Everything seems to be an indeterminate risk, benefit, un/intended
consequence or cost.

And while I'd agree that damp in most circumstances comes from inside,
understanding how it moves through an unventilated building takes some
doing IMHO.

--
Cheers, Rob