Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Do you have the electronics skills to design a good home made smoke machine?

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 08:29:33 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

https://jalopnik.com/science-confirm...wor-1120783177

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/10/20/wh...hated-so-much/

http://theweek.com/articles/461073/n...-biggest-jerks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lweAnuETK0M

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/ca...are-the-worst/

No shortage of supporting evidence.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Where I live has the highest concentration versus population of Prius
cars in the USA. At least it did a while back. So even though
population density here is low I still see a lot of Prius models. And
boy do they tend to drive slow.
When they first came out a friend of mine bought one and he showed
me how you could use the display in real time to modify your driving
technique to attain the best fuel economy. So I took his car out for a
spin on some deserted back roads and had some fun getting the best
fuel economy. Part of that means accelerating slowly and driving
slowly.
I'm on an island and lots of drivers think they can drive as slow
as they want on 55 MPH roads because "This ain't the mainland, so slow
down". Prius drivers seem to have really taken this attitude to heart.
Lots of the time there will be a twenty or more car line going 40 MPH
on the highway with either a Prius or an old pickup in front. Lately I
have been seeing more of the former. GRRR.
Eric