Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Spray mist air scrubbers?

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 12:55:08 -0800 (PST), SteamboatEd Haas
wrote:

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 1:05:05 PM UTC-7, SteamboatEd Haas wrote:
Curious to know if there are any plans to build one in the wild. The cheapest one I can find new that looks to be worth a damn is the Royal Filtermist and it clocks in around $1,300, which is waaay over my budget.

--Bit the bullet and bought a Royal Filtermist. I saved a bundle by making my own stand for it. I also did a tiny bit of sheet metal work and made a 6" to 4" duct reducer. Photos start about halfway down this page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamb...57675365635032

Is that a contactor or VFD in the box on the back? They sure don't
give those Filtermists away. Wow. Very nice work, Ed.

That's a big bin of Clecos there. Doing a lot of sheetmetal work?

I also love the concept of the articulated die-grinder-on-a-stick on
your bench. I was going to ask if you built it yourself but then saw
the warning label. Have you seen the speed controls that come on some
inexpensive die grinders, simple screw with a nut on either side of
the paddle actuator? More of a speed limiter.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full
description of a happy state in this world.