Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Using Gridwall in the kitchen

On 18/12/2017 08:40, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 17/12/2017 19:00, wrote:
On Sunday, 17 December 2017 15:15:59 UTC, Clive ArthurÂ* wrote:
SWMBO wants to use Gridwall in the kitchen to hang large utensils and
small pots.

It's chromed steel, and I'd have to cut it down to fit - I need about 2'
square and the smallest panel I can find is 2' x 4'.Â* OK, that's easy,
but I'm a little concerned about rust where the cuts would be in a
sometimes steamy kitchen.

Should I be concerned, is there something unobtrusive to treat the cuts
with, or is there a stainless version?

Cheers

It will certainly rust if not protected. There's always clear epoxy.

NT

I could tin the cuts I suppose.Â* I wonder if that would help?

Cheers

You might find that difficult, varnish would be easier.