Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Energy prices (slightly OT)

On 17/12/2017 13:02, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

What I wanted was something upfront and honest. Not one who gave 'free
gifts' etc to try and get your business.

I don't want a fluffy toy with my insurance, to me that sort of thing
just shows they're not focussed on removing unnecessary costs.

If Bulb can afford to bung £100 cashback, that seems higher than most of
the MSE cashbacks, if they can afford an additional £50 referral plus
£50 cashback per new customer, to my mind they could lower their prices
and attract the customers who are shopping around.

As far as I'm concerned, the cashback is the same as 'lower prices'. I
just happen to get it in a lump sum. With the way Bulb have treated the
cashback I could leave them tomorrow if there was someone cheaper.

It's a jungle out there and I'll take any (legal) option open to me to
lower my energy costs.